Break fast is the main meal of the day, It is the fuel which will keep you active throughout the day. British Raisin Breakfast Scones are full of energy and taste. Scones are the best and one of the easiest British teatime snack and best for breakfast. You are free to customize British Raisin Breakfast Scones with dried fruit or a pinch of other spices to make this basic scones recipe your own favorite.
- Self Raising Floor 170 gm
- Oat Bran 60 gm
- Baking Powder 1 tea spoon
- Brown sugar 30 gm or more as per your taste (Instead of sugar you can also use Jaggery, Stevia Sugar, Licorice, coconut sugar or Khand to keep it safe for diabetic patients and for fitness conscious people)
- Milk 105 Ml
- Butter 60 gm
- Raisins 60 gm
Heat the oven at 220C/425F temperature
- Filter or clean the wheat flour.
- Mix the Butter, Milk and Raisins in a bowl and make a soft dough of it using your hands.
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Take another tray and Turn on to a floured work surface. Knead the balls very lightly. Pat out to a round 1cm thick. Use a 5cm/2in round cutter to stamp out rounds and place on a baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
- Now, Take butter and brush the tops of the scones with butter. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.
- After baking take the tray out and Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with butter ,your favorite jam or some clotted cream.